libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Writing EEPROM on FT232R / FT245R

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:39:25 +0100
Am Monday, 9. March 2009 15:21:06 schrieb Marius Kintel:
> On Mar 9, 2009, at 15:17 PM, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
> > One little thing caught my eye: The FindUSB macro is under
> > the BSD license while libftdi is licensed as LGPL
> > and ftdi_eeprom as GPL. Do you think it would be possible
> > to get a different license for those macros?
>
> We're not linking against the macro, so the license is not an issue.
> Also, BSD is LGPL compatible and we can relicense BSD code under LGPL
> if we need to.

Yes, that's true. Still we have to check if that macro
is licensed under the BSD license with advertising clause.
According to the macro code there should be a "COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS"
file which we must include, too.

I quickly googled for "COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS" and it seems
to contain an advertising clause if it's the one from KDE.
That something I would rather avoid in libftdi.

Also the header of the macro mentions the "freetype" library?