libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Writing EEPROM on FT232R / FT245R

From: Marius Kintel <kintel@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:42:37 +0100

On Mar 12, 2009, at 10:13 AM, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
btw: As I'm still a cmake newbie, is there a preferred way
to install files in "/usr/share/doc/PACKAGE-VERSION"?

Me too, but these are some tips:
To set the install prefix, run cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<prefix> <srcdir>

In your case, /usr. I usually install this in a separate place to make sure I can remove it cleanly (e.g. $HOME/install/ftdi). I also do out of source builds to avoid having generated files mixed in with the sources.

To add installation of docs, maybe smth. like this would work, but I haven't tested it:

install(FILES ${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/docfile.txt DESTINATION share/doc/ libftdi-${MAJOR_VERSION}.${MINOR_VERSION})

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.