libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Writing EEPROM on FT232R / FT245R

From: Marius Kintel <kintel@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:43:32 +0100

On Feb 27, 2009, at 14:14 PM, Thomas Jarosch wrote:

Does the kernel still detect the device when you plug it in?

I can read the entire device descriptor, both using libusb and USB device probe tools to browse or list this information. The mentioned problem occurs when claiming the device, where libusb fails creating the endpoint list.

Try to erase the eeprom, then it should fall back to default values.

With libusb/libftdi, this won't work since I cannot claim the device.
Under Windows, MProg requires the V2XX drivers to do this, which crash upon device connection.

Technically, since I'm only doing control transfers to endpoint 0, I shouldn't need to build an endpoint list. However, this is an integral part of claiming a device using libusb, so I'm not sure if it's possible to get away without doing it (by e.g. temporarily patching libusb).

Any further ideas are very welcome :)

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.