libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Writing EEPROM on FT232R / FT245R

From: Marius Kintel <kintel@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:24:47 +0100
Hi Thomas,

The COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS attached (yes, it's from the KDE project).
It's true that this file has an advertisement clause.
However, we're not redistributing the macro in binary form. We're only using it to generate makefiles. We're thus not bound by any other aspect of this license than source code redistribution.

The reason I added it was that the original usb check was hardwired into the cmake system, making it only build on default libusb installations under Linux. This one should work across all supported platforms.

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.