libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Writing EEPROM on FT232R / FT245R

From: Marius Kintel <kintel@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:10:26 +0100
On Feb 27, 2009, at 04:03 AM, Jim Paris wrote:

Why do you think this sets the latency timer?

Because it's the exact same thing that ftdi_set_latency_timer does..

Ah, of course. I got confused by the parameter values vs. requests.

I did some USB tracing and verified this.
However, when I tested it, smth. went wrong and it appears that my FT232R got badly corrupted:
o libusb reports this:
  get_endpoints: an error occurred getting pipe information on pipe 1
  Error: unable to claim usb device. Make sure ftdi_sio is unloaded!
o Both Mac OS X and Windows get a kernel panic when trying to use the normals drivers with the chip.

ouch.

Any ideas how or if it's possible to recover from this?
When I start frying hardware I better slow down a bit before playing further..

Cheers,

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.