libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Writing EEPROM on FT232R / FT245R

From: Marius Kintel <kintel@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 00:02:30 +0100
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your comments :)

On Mar 12, 2009, at 23:37 PM, Jim Paris wrote:

I found a document that describes the FT232R programming:
Cool - I wasn't aware of that one.

+    /* These commands were traced while running MProg */
+    ftdi_usb_reset(ftdi);
+    ftdi_poll_modem_status(ftdi, &status);
+    ftdi_set_latency_timer(ftdi, 0x77);

ftdi_usb_reset and ftdi_poll_modem_status are unnecessary here

I suspected that, but MProg appears to send them so I was afraid deviating from my traced communication could break smth. Anyway, I'll give it a spin without those calls to verify that it works at least with my setup. I've also built myself an FT245R board now, so I can test with that chip as well. I also have some FT232BM chips lying around, but I need to design and etch a board to be able to test it.

you return values but the function is void

True. It should be declared to return an int.
Thomas: Could fix this when and if you merge this function into libftdi?

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.