Some updates for the archives:
o My FT232R was corrupted due to a failed EEPROM write, causing kernel
under both Windows and Mac OS X (Linux not tested) when using the
and causing libusb to fail claiming the device on Mac OS X (others
This also caused MProg to not work since it requires drivers.
Device descriptors worked fine, so it's an EEPROM issue.
I fixed this now by patching libusb to force the claim to work even
though the endpoint properties couldn't be read. I did this on Mac OS
X, and didn't test this on other platforms.
With the patched libusb, I could again access the EEPROM, and
carefully reflash it.
Using a patched libftdi, I can now also write correctly to the EEPROM.
I'll test and clean up my libftdi patches and submit them here. It
would be cool if someone has got the time to take a look, verify and
merge them into the repository.
We are Elektropeople for a better living.
libftdi - see http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi for details.
To unsubscribe send a mail to libftdi+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx