libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Writing EEPROM on FT232R / FT245R

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:13:13 +0100
Hello Marius,

Marius Kintel wrote:
The COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS attached (yes, it's from the KDE project).
It's true that this file has an advertisement clause.
However, we're not redistributing the macro in binary form. We're only using it to generate makefiles. We're thus not bound by any other aspect of this license than source code redistribution.

Ok, makes sense.

The reason I added it was that the original usb check was hardwired into the cmake system, making it only build on default libusb installations under Linux. This one should work across all supported platforms.

Another step forward killing libftdi's autoconf suite :-)

btw: As I'm still a cmake newbie, is there a preferred way
to install files in "/usr/share/doc/PACKAGE-VERSION"?

I started to apply your patches and right now I'm sick since yesterday.
Expect it to be somewhere next week till I'm finished with it, I've an upset stomach and it's really annoying. Just heading to the doctor...