libftdi Archives

Subject: Writing EEPROM on FT232R / FT245R

From: Marius Kintel <kintel@xxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:23:00 +0100
Hi,

Has anyone successfully managed to write to the EEPROM of FT232R or FT245R chips. I tried writing to the former using the latest git revisions of libftdi and ftdi_eeprom but without success. Symptoms are as follows:
o Erase: Nothing happens.
o Write: The device appears to be erased instead of written.

In the README of ftdi_eeprom, it says that FT232BM/FT245BM is supported, so this might just be missing support for the chips I want to use.

If someone could verify/clarify this, I could take a look at implementing support for this myself. In case, some tips for how to best capture raw USB communication from MProg under Windows would be very welcome.

Kind Regards,

~/= Marius

--
We are Elektropeople for a better living.