libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0 release

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 12:45:14 +0200

    Xiaofan> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 4:51 AM, Thomas Jarosch
    Xiaofan> <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> Hi Xiaofan,
    >>
    >> On 07/26/2011 02:59 AM, Xiaofan Chen wrote:
    >>> Maybe we can use this thread as a start.
    >>>
    >>> Tasks to make libftdi-1.0 compatible with libftdi-0.19 without API
    >>> breakage. Uwe mentioned the following two points.  1) To make EEPROM
    >>> structure opaque 2) To deal with ftdi_context
    >>  Do you remember what you meant by "To deal with ftdi_context"?
    >>
    >> Does that read: "Make ftdi_context structure opaque"?
    >>

    Xiaofan> Yes.

We should at least identify the functions that access the ftdi context
direct. Then perhaps some thought need to be made if all these functions are
really usefull/nescessary.

We(I) could then try to do something similar like for EEPROM settings. Then
we could perhaps mark the opld functions obsolet. I propose to do that
before the 1.0 release.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx