libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0 release

From: Jason Hecker <jwhecker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:29:22 +1000
> Maybe we can use this thread as a start.

It is fortuitous you made the nice new Windows devkit as I am trying
to use it to get a new FTDI device working in AVRDUDE 5.10SVN in
Windows with mingw32.  So far it all compiles now without complaint
and sees my device as I was tearing my hair out last night until I
discovered the differences between stock libftdi0.19 and your new
libftdi1.0  The trouble was the FTDI patches I am working with depend
on the old school libusb.  I think AVRDUDE should be brought kicking
and screaming along to the libusb1.0 party so I'll work on doing that.

I am happy to be a beta tester for libftdi1.0 and once I get my widget
working in Windows 32 bit I'll have at go at Windows 64 bit.