libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0 release

From: Jason Hecker <jwhecker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 15:43:51 +1000
> And please take note libftdi-1.0 is not formally released. I think
> the main project using libftdi-1.0's async I/O feature is urjtag.

Oh fair enough.  Well, I continue to use it anyway as I now have my
device working with AVRDUDE.

> The main difference is the dependency on libusb-1.0. And under
> Windows, that means using WinUSB driver right now.

Right.  That's not a show stopper but it's a wee hiccough.  Is there
any reason that libftdi can't use the default FTDI driver that
Windows7 happened to download when I plugged my device in?

> There is a version of libusb-1.0 Windows which will work with
> libusb0.sys but it is not matured yet and not integrated into the
> main libusb-1.0 git tree yet.

Ah, OK.  Pardon my ignorance is libusb0.sys a native Windows thing?

> I can make a devkit for MinGW-w64 64bit as well. :-)

I am not sure of the advantage, seeing as the 32bit version works so
well!  :)  Do make the 64 bit devkit as I will actually get about to
making a 64 bit version of AVRDUDE for Windows as soon as I finish
cleaning up my current code base.

Jason