libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Writing and reading to a FT232R

From: "Ampt,Maurice M.L." <m.ampt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 16:07:33 +0100
After looking into (lib)udev I found out that what I wanted in my situation
isn't possible.
I wanted to see what VID/PID belong to which /dev/ttyUSB device
so I could use my working open/read/write /dev/ttyUSB code to dynamically pick
the right /dev/ttyUSB device since this can be 0,1 and many more.

This sadly isn't possible in my situation because the USB devices are FTDI
chips which from the USB perspective all are the same (same
VID/PID/description).

I'd like to thank you very much for helping me with your knowledge, even though
I wasn't very clear at some times
and had a bad mail format in the beginning in your opinion combined with only a
small amount of knowledge of Linux.

Maurice Ampt.