libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Writing and reading to a FT232R

From: "Ampt,Maurice M.L." <m.ampt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:02:05 +0100
Ok, after some testing it is still not working, I did the following:
git clone git://developer.intra2net.com/libftdi, this gave me a network is
unreachable, probably due to the fact I am behind a proxy...
so I tried:
git clone https://github.com/artek/libftdi-1.0.git since I have declared:
declare -x https_proxy="http://192.168.10.118:8118";, this gave me:
error: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS warning alert has been received.
warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

After this I used wget https://github.com/artek/libftdi-1.0/tarball/master,
renamed master to libftdi.tar.gz, unpacked the file, included the file to my
project.
Then compiling gave me the usblib.h file or directory not found error, however
I did apt-get install libusb-dev but that gave me a usb.h, so in the ftdi.h I
changed #include <libusb.h> to #include <usb.h> now it compiled.
When I ran this version it gave the same result, writing only 1 time gave me 1
out of 10 perhaps, writing twice always worked so far.

I did notice one weird thing... ftdic.baudrate = -1211216896 (after I used a
ftdi_set_baudrate(&ftdic,115200))

About the example/serial_read.c, that gives me  undefined reference to every
ftdi call made in the code, I must say I didn't extract the content to
/usr/include but I changed the #include <ftdi.h> to #include "../src/ftdi.h"
which should work too right? This however has less priority, without having the
write flawless I won't have any use of reading since the device only writes
something back when I have written something first.

Thank you in advance for any response,

Maurice Ampt.