libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Writing and reading to a FT232R

From: "Ampt,Maurice M.L." <m.ampt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:39:09 +0100
Ok, I still haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong...
>From my last response:

    Uwe, Bonnes>Thats the problem of the ../include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h versus
usb.h from usb.h Are you sure you have libusb-1.0-dev?

I just completely cleared my system of libusb and libftdi and got libusb 1.0.8
from http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb/files/latest
This was done because you suggested to get the most recent version instead of
relying on packages.
Because of that I also got the most recent libftdi from the same source as
before, this is version 0.19.

Extracting libusb, running ./configure --prefix=/usr and running make install
gave me /usr/include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h,
The same actions were applied to libftdi.
Upon examining ftdi.h I discoved it now says #include <usb.h>, this solves my
incorrect libusb.h reference.
(I haven't changed anything since I downloaded, configured and installed these
2 libraries.)

My code is compiling and running however I still have the problem I started
with:
Sending a command once will almost never trigger the desired result, sending a
command twice however does but this can't be the way it's supposed to be.
My ftdic.baudrate = -1211216896 problem is now gone too because I now am using
the correct headers.
However as I said, still no good results with writing, any ideas what might be
causing this?

Maurice Ampt.