libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: Writing and reading to a FT232R

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:10:21 +0100
>>>>> "Ampt,Maurice" == Ampt,Maurice M L <m.ampt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Hello,

please, break your lines and don't full-quote on bottom.

Your mail has 3 time the list footer.

It's hard to read that way.

    Ampt,Maurice> Ok, after some testing it is still not working, I did the
    Ampt,Maurice> following: git clone
    Ampt,Maurice> git://developer.intra2net.com/libftdi, this gave me a
    Ampt,Maurice> network is unreachable, probably due to the fact I am
    Ampt,Maurice> behind a proxy...  so I tried: git clone
    Ampt,Maurice> https://github.com/artek/libftdi-1.0.git since I have
    Ampt,Maurice> declared: declare -x
    Ampt,Maurice> https_proxy="http://192.168.10.118:8118";, this gave me:
    Ampt,Maurice> error: gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS warning alert has
    Ampt,Maurice> been received.  warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent
    Ampt,Maurice> ref, unable to checkout.

That a problem on your site.

    Ampt,Maurice> After this I used wget
    Ampt,Maurice> https://github.com/artek/libftdi-1.0/tarball/master,
    Ampt,Maurice> renamed master to libftdi.tar.gz, unpacked the file,
    Ampt,Maurice> included the file to my project.  Then compiling gave me
    Ampt,Maurice> the usblib.h file or directory not found error, however I
    Ampt,Maurice> did apt-get install libusb-dev but that gave me a usb.h,
    Ampt,Maurice> so in the ftdi.h I changed #include <libusb.h> to #include
    Ampt,Maurice> <usb.h> now it compiled.  When I ran this version it gave
    Ampt,Maurice> the same result, writing only 1 time gave me 1 out of 10
    Ampt,Maurice> perhaps, writing twice always worked so far.

Thats the problem of the ../include/libusb-1.0/libusb.h versus usb.h from
usb.h Are you sure you have libusb-1.0-dev?

    Ampt,Maurice> I did notice one weird thing... ftdic.baudrate =
    Ampt,Maurice> -1211216896 (after I used a
    Ampt,Maurice> ftdi_set_baudrate(&ftdic,115200))

With the wrong libusb headers, strange errors may happen.

    Ampt,Maurice> About the example/serial_read.c, that gives me undefined

With the wrong libusb headers, strange errors may happen.

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx