libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0: More patches

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:38:10 +0200
Hi Uwe,

On Friday, 2. September 2011 16:49:00 Uwe Bonnes wrote:
> The other basic is how this bits get stuffed in the USB request. I didn't
> find any documentation about it. AN_120 is not explicit. Have you more
> information?
>
> I wrote the code with a strong look at the corresponding calculations in
> /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_sio.c and a test with the scope.
> For the cases I tested, I saw somehow sensible results. However with the
> RS232 pattern you can't easily measure exact frequency with the scope.
>
> What are your doubts? A slight misscalcuation and bad rounding in my code
> or values really far off the set value. The last case I can easily test
> with the scope. Perhaps tell the setting that you expect a bigg error.
> It is quite easy to test now with examples/serial.

Some (lower) baud rates get rounded and I can easily
adjust the unit test for that.

For some chips the data written to "value" and "index" changes a lot.
I'll come up with examples in the afternoon.

If you can aknowledge me that the written USB data looks sane, I'm willing
to accept the patch even though I can't verify it myself.