libftdi Archives

Subject: libftdi-1.0: More patches

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tilmann Hentze <tilmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:31:40 +0200
Hello,

appended tar file resends the last 3 pending patches
-   Try to inihibit programming EEPROM with data for a different device and
    zero EEPROM memory image early (unmodified)
-   Rewrite the baudrate calculation, tested for 232R and 232H
    (unmodified, tested with a scope on several devices)
-   Use default vendor/product strings for EEPROM when user doesn't supply some
    (rewritten for future extensability and correct string handling)

and adds 4 patches to let me run Tilmann Hentze's config from the mail

"ftdi_eeprom and max packet size" with the

BM_type_chip=true               # Newer chips are all BM type

removed. After programming a FT232R board with the patches applied, I can
see no artefact in the lsubs -v output for the package size.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx