libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0: More patches

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 20:02:53 +0200

    Thomas> Hi Uwe, On Monday, 5. September 2011 18:07:20 Thomas Jarosch
    Thomas> wrote:
    >> > Perhaps the unit test should look at devisor, fractional bit and
    >> clock > pre-divider separate.  > Divisor = value & 0x3ff > Encoded
    >> Fractional bits = (index & 0x100)?4:0 + value >>12 > clk = (index &
    >> 0x100)? 120 MHz: 48 MHz

    Thomas> Done. The output didn't really change for the AM, BM, R and
    Thomas> 2232C type chips, so I'm certainly happy with that.

    Thomas> Could you take a look at the expected data for the x232H type
    Thomas> chips?  If it looks reasonable to you, I'll commit the branch to
    Thomas> "master".

    Thomas> You can also throw in some more test for higher baudrates if you
    Thomas> want.  The idea is to catch unwanted changes if f.e. we touch
    Thomas> the baudrate code again in some months when a new/faster chip
    Thomas> type gets released.

All H type behave the same until now. So no need to duplicate the expected
results, as this may introduce errors. The test should loop through the same
challanges with the different types.

Also my code uses the 120 MHz clock, as soon as possible (458 Baud).  This
results in a more exact baudrate. This is different form the old behaviour,
that didn't know about the 120 MHz clock in the H parts.

I will read the datasheets again about AM, BM and R. I suspect, BM and R
also behave the same, but will explicit report later. AM probably has no
documentation, I have also no physical sample, so things are vague.

B.t.w. how do I switch a tree like
> git status
# On branch master
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.

to new-baudrate-code and later back?
My reference for git is
http://wiki.winehq.org/GitWine
but I see no example there.