libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0: More patches

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 18:52:20 +0200
Hi Uwe,

On Monday, 5. September 2011 18:07:20 Thomas Jarosch wrote:
> > Perhaps the unit test should look at devisor, fractional bit and clock
> > pre-divider separate.
> > Divisor = value & 0x3ff
> > Encoded Fractional bits = (index & 0x100)?4:0 + value >>12
> > clk = (index & 0x100)? 120 MHz: 48 MHz

Done. The output didn't really change for the AM, BM, R and 2232C
type chips, so I'm certainly happy with that.

Could you take a look at the expected data for the x232H type chips?
If it looks reasonable to you, I'll commit the branch to "master".

You can also throw in some more test for higher baudrates if you want.
The idea is to catch unwanted changes if f.e. we touch the baudrate code
again in some months when a new/faster chip type gets released.

Have a nice evening,