libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi git building under Cygwin/MinGW

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:52:36 +0800
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Thomas Jarosch
<thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 15. June 2010 14:16:59 Xiaofan Chen wrote:
>> Even though CMake works fine under Linux, it seems to be hopeless
>> under Cygwin. So I tried the following command and it seems to work.
>> Again, the question is if this is still supported.
>>
>>   make -f Makefile.cvs (note: this does not work for libftdi-1.0)
>>   ./configure --enable-libftdipp=no
>>   make
>
> The idea was to retire the autoconf suite as cmake
> is easier to maintain and also more cross platformish.

Thanks.

> Maybe Uwe has an idea about cmake + cygwin.
I will try a bit more and post the relevant information.

This will probably not affecting many users since the
released tar ball (already bootstrapped) will most
likely be fine under Cygwin (not 0.17 though).

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com