libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi git building under Cygwin/MinGW

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:18:17 +0800
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:06 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> Maybe Uwe has an idea about cmake + cygwin.
>> I will try a bit more and post the relevant information.
>>
>> This will probably not affecting many users since the
>> released tar ball (already bootstrapped) will most
>> likely be fine under Cygwin (not 0.17 though).
>

> mcuee@AcerPC ~/mcu/libftdi/libftdi/build
> $ cmake ..
> -- The C compiler identification is GNU
> -- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc.exe
> -- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc.exe -- broken
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.6.4/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:32
> (MESSA
> GE):
>  The C compiler "/usr/bin/gcc.exe" is not able to compile a simple test
>  program.
>
>  It fails with the following output:
>
>   Change Dir: /home/mcuee/mcu/libftdi/libftdi/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp
>
>  Run Build Command:/cygdrive/c/strawberry/c/bin/gmake.exe
>  "cmTryCompileExec/fast"

Oops, that is my problem.

Remove StrawBerry Perl from the path and now it is better.

mcuee@AcerPC ~/mcu/libftdi/libftdi/build
$ cmake ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++.exe -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Build type: Debug
-- Found LIBUSB: /lib/libusb.dll.a
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:29 (install):
  install Library TARGETS given no DESTINATION!

cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: C:/boost/include/boost-1_38_0/boost/config.hpp
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/c/boost/include/boost-1_38_0/boost/co
nfig.hpp
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
-- Boost version: 1.33.1
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- Building libftdi++
CMake Error at ftdipp/CMakeLists.txt:44 (install):
  install Library TARGETS given no DESTINATION!

-- Found PythonLibs: /lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.dll.a
-- Building python bindings via swig. Will be installed under /lib/python2.5/sit
e-packages
-- Building example programs.
-- Building libftdi++ examples.
-- Found Doxygen: /usr/bin/doxygen.exe
-- Doxygen found.
-- Generating API documentation with Doxygen

Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com