libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: To build libftdi-1.0 under Windows

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:51:15 +0200

    Xiaofan> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Jie Zhang
    Xiaofan> <jzhang918@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
    >> wrote:
    >>> How do you build libftdi-1.0 under Windows?
    >>>
    >> I don't remember the details. I use mingw/msys and gmake, not CMake
    >> nor cygwin.
    >>
    Xiaofan> It seems to me the current preferred method to build Windows
    Xiaofan> binary is to use Cross build under Linux (with MinGW and
    Xiaofan> Cmake).  But CMake is hopeless under Cygwin, at least for me. I
    Xiaofan> never got CMake to work to build libftdi or libftdi-1.0 under
    Xiaofan> Cygwin.

Xiaofan: libftdi-1 needs libusb-1. Is it possible to build libusb-1 for
windows? Are there any directions to do build libusb-1 for windows?

I tried to follow the discussions on libusb-devel, but there are so many
threads and I don't see what counts.
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx