libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi git building under Cygwin/MinGW

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:06:09 +0200

    Thomas> On Tuesday, 15. June 2010 14:16:59 Xiaofan Chen wrote:
    >> Even though CMake works fine under Linux, it seems to be hopeless
    >> under Cygwin. So I tried the following command and it seems to work.
    >> Again, the question is if this is still supported.
    >>
    >> make -f Makefile.cvs (note: this does not work for libftdi-1.0)
    >> ./configure --enable-libftdipp=no make

    Thomas> The idea was to retire the autoconf suite as cmake is easier to
    Thomas> maintain and also more cross platformish.

    Thomas> Maybe Uwe has an idea about cmake + cygwin.

Not at the moment.

Xiaofan: Are you trying to compile with cygwin on windows or to crosscompile
with cygwin. What are your incentives to use cygwin versus mingw? Do you
need any unixisme that cygwin supplies and that mingw doesn't supply?

--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx