libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi git building under Cygwin/MinGW

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:15:19 +0800
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Uwe Bonnes
<bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    Thomas> The idea was to retire the autoconf suite as cmake is easier to
>    Thomas> maintain and also more cross platformish.
>
>    Thomas> Maybe Uwe has an idea about cmake + cygwin.
>
> Not at the moment.
>
> Xiaofan: Are you trying to compile with cygwin on windows or to crosscompile
> with cygwin.

I want to compile under Cygwin under Windows.
I can do with "cross compile with MinGW under Linux" as well but
sometimes I do not like to reboot to Linux to build things.

> What are your incentives to use cygwin versus mingw? Do you
> need any unixisme that cygwin supplies and that mingw doesn't supply?

Cygwin provides integrated auto-tools, cmake, etc. For MinGW
it is a bit difficult to set up them properly. But I will look at the
MinGW option as well with CMake, under Windows (not
cross-compile under Linux).

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com