libftdi Archives

Subject: libftdi missing definition for usb_dev_handle

From: Steve DeLaney <onramp123@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:27:50 -0800 (PST)
Hello, I'm attempting to build libftdi-0.15 on fedora 6, but
there's a build problem with usb_dev_handle

ftdi.c:31:17: usb.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ftdi.c:35:
ftdi.h:260: error: parse error before "usb_dev_handle"
ftdi.c:191: error: parse error before "usb_dev_handle"

although this seems to have come up from other developers
in the past, the solution is not very obvious.  I ran
yum install usb-devel

but it did not help.

now I am trying try track down usb.h (Erdfelt) containing
a reference to usb_dev_handle.  It does not appear
in libusb-1.0.0, nor in libftdi.  so it must be a system file?

Thanks for any ideas!

Steve