libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Parallel installation of libftdi 1.x and 0.x

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: xantares09@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 12:47:11 +0200
On 06/21/2012 11:42 AM, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
> So this is my "final" layout:
> - libftdi-config -> libftdi1-config
> - ftdi.h -> /usr/include/libftdi1/ftdi.h
> - libftdi.pc -> libftdi1.pc (pkgconfig file). Also "libftdipp1.pc"
> - Rename "libftdi.spec" to "libftdi1.spec"
>
> - [NEW]: The python wrapper will also be called "ftdi1",
>   otherwise it would clash with libftdi 0.x.
>   The "setup.py" will be adapted accordingly and I'll
>   ask Michou for feedback once I'm done tinkering with it.

The renames for the official release are now done
in the new "renames-for-release" branch.
http://developer.intra2net.com/git/?p=libftdi;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/renames-for-release

Please give it a careful look (=test run ;)).

The python wrapper is more complex: If we just rename
the module from "ftdi" to "ftdi1", all client code would
need adaption, too. Hopefully there's a way to avoid this. Michel?