libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: ftdi_read_data returns immediately without waiting for timeout and with no data

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 06:44:04 +0800
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Thomas Heller <theller@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am 22.06.2012 15:55, schrieb Xiaofan Chen:
>> Just wondering if you are using libftdi-1.0 or libftdi-0.x?
>
> I work on Windows, so I *have* to use libftdi-0.20.
> Is this still true?

No this is not true. libusb-1.0 for Windows has a formal
release now, the forked libusbx project is probably the
better way to go now that it has a clear roadmap.

http://libusbx.org/
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/libusbx/roadmap

The current release version is 1.0.12 and rely on
WinUSB driver, so you have to replace the
existing FTDI driver with winusb.

But the next release will support libusb-win32
filter driver and then you can use the filter
driver on top of the FTDI driver. In that case,
you can use libftdi-1.0/libftdi-0.1 and FTDI D2XX
without switching driver.

--
Xiaofan