libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi-1.0 release

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 09:43:24 +0800
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Thomas Jarosch
<thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 4. October 2011 14:25:19 Xiaofan Chen wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Thomas Jarosch
>>
>> <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > If it doesn't take you too much time, then go ahead.
>> >
>> > Remember: The original goal of libftdi 1.x was to port it
>> > to libusb 1.x. That goal is already reached. Still it's
>> > a good opportunity to improve the API.
>>
>> Since the goal is already reached, maybe it is good to
>> release 1.0 first and then further improve the API in
>> 1.1 or 2.0.
>
> Let's see what Uwe comes up with, then we still can decide.
> I just like to see a 1.0 release happening this year (Xmas
> present anyone?).

Sorry to rehash this thread. But now that libusb project
has finally released libusb-1.0.9 and the fork libusbx
project has released libusbx-1.0.11 and progressed
quite nicely, the main hurdle of using libftdi-1.0 under
Windows is now gone.

Shall we plan the libftdi-1.0 formal release from now on?

libusbx roadmap:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/libusbx/roadmap

1.0.13 will bring libusb-win32 driver (including filter driver)
support. In that case, people can keep using the original
FTDI driver and just install libusb-win32 device filter driver
on top to use libftdi-1.0, no need to replace FTDI driver
with winusb.

--
Xiaofan