libftdi Archives

Subject: Example using software flow control?

From: Matthew Stock <stock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 17:32:08 -0400
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had some examples of using the library successfully using software flow control? I ask because I have an application that requires it, and I'm not sure how the FTDI library (or the underlying USB library) handle the in-band XON/XOFF signalling. Looking at the libftdi code, I can't see how writes are throttled, and it seems odd to me that it would be handled in the generic USB code (e.g. having the bulk write block).

I'm not using the library directly - I'm implementing support for FTDI on Android for a project, and I've been referencing the libftdi code. It's been incredibly helpful. Everything is working really well until I start to write a lot of data. I'm trying to narrow the problem down - an incomplete understanding of FTDI, a bad implementation on my part, a problem with Android, etc.

Thanks for any help you can provide!
  -Matt