libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: To build libftdi-1.0 under Windows

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:21:41 +0800
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It seems to me the current preferred method to build Windows
> binary is to use Cross build under Linux (with MinGW and Cmake).
> But CMake is hopeless under Cygwin, at least for me. I never got
> CMake to work to build libftdi or libftdi-1.0 under Cygwin.

Maybe there are hopes to get this right.

mcuee@AcerPC ~/mcu/libftdi/libftdi1/libftdi-1.0/build
$ cmake ..
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++.exe -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Build type: Debug
-- Found LIBUSB: /usr/local/bin/cygusb-1.0.dll
CMake Error at src/CMakeLists.txt:29 (install):
  install Library TARGETS given no DESTINATION!

-- Boost version: 1.33.1
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- Building libftdi++
CMake Error at ftdipp/CMakeLists.txt:44 (install):
  install Library TARGETS given no DESTINATION!

-- Found PythonLibs: /lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.dll.a
-- Building python bindings via swig. Will be installed under /lib/python2.5/sit
e-packages
-- Building example programs.
-- Building libftdi++ examples.
-- Found Doxygen: /usr/bin/doxygen.exe
-- Doxygen found.
-- Generating API documentation with Doxygen

Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com