libftdi Archives

Subject: To build libftdi-1.0 under Windows

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:55:03 +0800
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Jie Zhang <jzhang918@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:12 PM, Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> How do you build libftdi-1.0 under Windows?
>>
> I don't remember the details. I use mingw/msys and gmake, not
> CMake nor cygwin.

It seems to me the current preferred method to build Windows
binary is to use Cross build under Linux (with MinGW and Cmake).
But CMake is hopeless under Cygwin, at least for me. I never got
CMake to work to build libftdi or libftdi-1.0 under Cygwin.

So I tried to use the following commands and it seems to work.
The question is if this is indeed correct or not.
   95  aclocal
   96  libtoolize
   97  autoconf
   98  autoheader