libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: windows 7 Python modules

From: xantares 09 <xantares09@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 06:48:32 +0000
Hi,

You dont have to deal with the hassle of visual studio crap, you can cross-compile libftdi and it's python module using mingw,
it then can be loaded in the native python interpreter and any other even if the interpreter itself is compiled with msvc.
You'll have to provide libftdi & libusb mingw dlls (and of course libftdi's pyd) along the module.

This will be interesting to you:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mingw-w64-libusb/
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/mingw-w64-libftdi/

xan.