libftdi Archives

Subject: using ftdi in chroot on android

From: Bradley Bauer <gazingatstars.o7@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 14:04:51 -0400

can libftdi be used in a linux chroot on android hardware? I have gentoo and did successfully compile libftdi on my chroot.

I have the ttl-232r usb to serial cable and am trying to hook it up to the nexus 7 android tablet.

when I call ftdi_usb_open() I am returned -3 error code, usb device not found...

when the usb is plugged in I get dmesg output that identifies my ftdi cable. I have tried with and without the kernel module ftdi_sio. I also have tried w/ and w/o the ftdi android app installed, which does detect my cable.

is there any reason this will not work?

I am using code from this page... pretty basic stuff http://hackaday.com/2009/09/22/introduction-to-ftdi-bitbang-mode/