libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: using ftdi in chroot on android

From: Rogier Wolff <R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:34:13 +0200
On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 02:04:51PM -0400, Bradley Bauer wrote:
> can libftdi be used in a linux chroot on android hardware? I have gentoo
> and did successfully compile libftdi on my chroot.
>
> I have the ttl-232r usb to serial cable and am trying to hook it up to the
> nexus 7 android tablet.
>
> when I call ftdi_usb_open() I am returned -3 error code, usb device not
> found...

In a chroot, you need to mount /dev/ and /proc and possibly /sys to
make certain things work.

mount -o bind /dev /chroot/dev

etc. I'd recommend doing all three, verifiy that this solves it, and
then figure out the minimum set of mounts that are required to make it
work.

        Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@xxxxxxxxxxxx ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **