libftdi Archives

Subject: RE: strange chip select issue

From: "Chaves, Kevin" <kevin.chaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 05:25:05 -0700
> You need to understand the MPSSE processor. Look at

> http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Documents/AppNotes/AN_108_Command_Processor_for_MPSSE_and_MCU_Host_Bus_Emulation_Modes.pdf

I found this shortly after sending that last email out. I'm still not quite
sure what it means

0x80 seems simple command to set bits low
0xvalue sets bit or bits low?, but 0x08 sets a bit high? I'm not sure I get
this. Is it literally toggling between bits, 0x00 sets bit 0x00 low and all
other bits high, so toggling 0x08 causes 0x08 to go low and 0x00 to go high?
0xdirection this I don't understand at all, or why there is a difference in
each lib I have 0xfb <-> 0x0b, is that first nibble ignored?