libftdi Archives

Subject: strange chip select issue

From: "Chaves, Kevin" <kevin.chaves@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:28:21 -0400

So I’m having an incredibly strange problem using an ft2232h device. We have two different boards each have the same circuitry surrounding the ftdi device. For some reason on linux I can’t toggle the chip select on one of them using libftdi. Neither work using the libMPSSE/d2xx drivers provided in linux. They work in windows using the libMPSSE/d2xx drivers, which doesn’t help me much since they are bound for embedded linux products. The strange part about this I original got it to work with both using libMPSSE/d2xx.  And worse all the signals look perfect apart from the cs never being toggled.

We moved to libftdi because it’s easier to produce arm binaries. I borrowed code from https://code.google.com/p/libftdispi/ . I’m still not quite sure if I’m selected the right dbus for the chip enable. I’m not quite sure how to do it using libftdi or the libftdispi I’m using.

Any help would be much appreciated. I’m completely lost and would be happy to share the source code we are using for initializing and using the spi device. I’m about ready to throw my PC out the window… I’m down to using a usb trace to figure out the difference in signals being sent but so far it’s kind of useless.