libftdi Archives

Subject: : adding -threads to SWIG build step?

From: Vanheesbeke Stefaan <Stefaan.Vanheesbeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 08:42:04 +0000

Hi,

 Is anyone using the python bindings for libftdi 1.x?

 I want to use it with a multithreaded application in Python. But this needs=

  the -threads options for the SWIG build step (release the python GIL on li=  brary calls to the driver).

 Can someone add this as an extra output to the build process (so an extra d=  irectory appears with the -threads build)

 I was able to test this on Linux successfully, but it's not possible for me=

  to do the same on Windows. Very much appreciate if someone can make a wind=  ows-build of libftdi-1.0 with the -threads added to swig.

 Stefaan Vanheesbeke