libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: : adding -threads to SWIG build step?

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:38:11 +0800
On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Vanheesbeke Stefaan
<Stefaan.Vanheesbeke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Is anyone using the python bindings for libftdi 1.x?
>
>  I want to use it with a multithreaded application in Python. But this
> needs  the -threads options for the SWIG build step (release the python GIL on
> library calls to the driver).
>
>  Can someone add this as an extra output to the build process (so an extra
> directory appears with the -threads build)
>
>  I was able to test this on Linux successfully, but it's not possible for
> me  to do the same on Windows. Very much appreciate if someone can make a
> windows-build of libftdi-1.0 with the -threads added to swig.

I am not a Python expert but I have been able to build the Python binding
under Windows. Which Python version are you using? What should
I do to add  -threads option to Swig?

Or maybe you can tell me your problems when building libftdi
Python bindings under Windows so that I can help you there?

--
Xiaofan