libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Reading/Writing FT4232 EEPROM

From: Anders Larsen <al@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:18:52 +0200
Hi,

On 2013-06-20 13:01, Ori Idan wrote:
On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Anders Larsen <al@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2013-05-28 10:25, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
>
>> On Sunday, 26. May 2013 09:54:14 Ori Idan wrote:
>> > I have a FT4232 mini module and I want to read/write it's EEPROM.
>> > I tried the utility ftdi_eeprom (on Ubuntu 12.10)
>> > It gave me an error on product_id so I changed it to 0x6011
>> > It then gave me an error on BM_type_chip I commented out this line
>> >
>> > I then tried to write the EEPROM it looked like it did but when reading
>> > the EEPROM back I get Checksum Error: 84c1 0000
>> >
>> > It seems that ftdi_eeprom is not compatible with FT4232
>> >
>> > How do I write the FT4232 EEPROM on Linux?
>>
>> which version of ftdi_eeprom does Ubuntu 12.10 ship?
>>
>> You could give the git HEAD version a try, it _should_ work.
>>

> the HEAD version indeed works; FT4232 support was added last year.
>
> You can use ftdi_eeprom from HEAD (or v1.0) to program the chip
> and still use 0.19/0.20 from your application as long as the application
> doesn't use any ftdi*eeprom*() function.
>
> (sorry for joining the discussion so late - I was away on vacation)

Where do I find the HEAD of ftdi_eeprom?
I tried developer.intra2net..com and all I could find was sources of
libftdi, after compilation it gave me ftdi_eeprom ver. 0.13

So how to I find the right sources and finally be able to read and write
the EEPROM?

in HEAD (and 1.0) ftdi_eeprom is included in the libftdi package.

The download page is:
        http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi/download.php

the source package of 1.0 is:
http://www.intra2net.com/en/developer/libftdi/download/libftdi1-1.0.tar.bz2

and you can even follow the HEAD development in Git here:
        http://developer.intra2net.com/git/?p=libftdi;a=summary

HTH
Cheers
Anders