libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Reading/Writing FT4232 EEPROM

From: Uffe Jakobsen <uffe@xxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:41:15 +0200

On 2013-05-28 14:29, Ori Idan wrote:

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Uffe Jakobsen <uffe@xxxxxxxx
<mailto:uffe@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 2013-05-28 13:56, Ori Idan wrote:

        How do I know the version shipped with Ubuntu?

    Look up "libftdi" in your package manager GUI...

    OR

    do something like this from a terminal:

    # dpkg -l | grep -i ftdi

    My Ubuntu 12.10 reports libftdi as version 0.20

Here is what I got:
  dpkg -l | grep -i ftdi
ii  ftdi-eeprom                                   0.3-2
                             i386         Tool for
reading/erasing/flashing FTDI USB chip eeproms
ii  libftdi-dev                                   0.20-1
                            i386         Development files for libftdi
ii  libftdi1:i386                                 0.20-1
                            i386         Library to control and program
the FTDI USB controller

The output shows that you are running libftdi version 0.20 on a 32bit platform (i386)

PS: I haven't followed your conversation deeply on the list but it should be fine - if you are aiming for the functionality in the libftdi version 0.x series releases. If you need something newer eg libftdi 1.x functionality - you need to build the library yourself from the ftdi github trunk.

/Uffe