libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FT2232H + LCD?

From: Jason Hecker <jwhecker@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 19:32:49 +1100
Hi,

> http://www.adafruit.com/datasheets/ILI9325.pdf

I think this sounds fine.  I just had a quick scan of the data sheet
and I think the quickest way to success will be to interact with the
module using SPI mode and the MPSSE engine (in 30MHz clock mode) on
the 2232H.  At least with SPI you can use a dual trace CRO to debug
the interface if it comes to that.  Some of the newer cheap CROs (like
from Hantek) can decode SPI on the screen too.

You can get FTDI *232H modules from the webshop at www.glyn.com.au.

If you want some nice libftdi examples using the MPSSE engine in SPI
mode have a look at avrftdi.c/h in the latest AVRDUDE source tree.  I
have some blurb on getting AVRDUDE and libftdi working in Windows at
helix.air.net.au.

I don't know what frame rates you will get with SPI - you'll have to
suck it and see but use the MPSSE base clock mode of 30MHz (the
default is 6MHz) and see how close to 30MHz you can get.