libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: [1/5]new-baudrate-code/origin: The BM_type_chip option no longer exists

From: Thomas Jarosch <thomas.jarosch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:44:10 +0200
On Thursday, 8. September 2011 20:25:44 Uwe Bonnes wrote:
>     Thomas> Regarding the baudrate branch, should we just "fix" up the
>     Thomas> result for the AM type chips and merge it or do you want to
>     Thomas> tweak it some more if someone comes up with a real working AM
>     Thomas> type chip?
>
> The AM is really an artefact. I hopefully didn't touch the code, so the
> results should remain as they where before. The compare references is
> what i _think_ is right, but I have no mean to test. The chip itself is
> EOL.

Ok

> So my incentive to further work on it is not high at the moment. And it
> shouldn't hinder us to move on. So best let's remove the offending cases.
> Any objections?

Sorry, I've just seen you appended a patch to remove them
after I fixed them up. Let's keep the fixed ones for now.

I also verified we didn't change the way the AM baudrate calculation works:
- Checked out the current "master" branch
- Kept the "test/baudrate.cpp" file from the "new-baudrate-code" branch
- "./test_libftdi --run_test=Baudrate/TypeAM*" shows everything is fine

I'm going to merge the new baudrate code now.
Thanks for your work on this, Uwe.