libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: libftdi on FreeBSD

From: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Joerg Wunsch)
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 21:14:09 +0200 (MET DST)
Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     Joerg> Perhaps there could be a better way for that so FreeBSD doesn't
>     Joerg> have to muck around with that?

> How does CMAKE build libftdi-1 on FreeBSD?

See my other mail: I've still got a post-0.19 tree.  cmake finds
libusb, but otherwise doesn't work at all there:

j@uriah 1543% cmake .
-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Build type: Debug
-- checking for module 'libusb'
--   package 'libusb' not found
-- Found LIBUSB: /usr/lib/libusb.so
-- Boost version: 1.45.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
-- Building libftdi++
-- Found PythonLibs: /usr/local/lib/python2.6/config/libpython2.6.so
-- Building python bindings via swig. Will be installed under
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/tmp/libftdi-e5fe881/examples:1:
Parse error.  Expected a command name, got unquoted argument with text "�".
CMake Error at examples/CMakeLists.txt:5 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    /tmp/libftdi-e5fe881/examples

-- Building example programs.
-- Building libftdi++ examples.
-- Found Doxygen: /usr/local/bin/doxygen
-- Doxygen found.
-- Generating API documentation with Doxygen

It attempts to read the "examples" subdirectory as a file.

Btw., regarding the autoconf infrastructure, this is what I'm using in
AVRDUDE:

AH_TEMPLATE([HAVE_LIBUSB],
            [Define if USB support is enabled via libusb])
AC_CHECK_LIB([usb], [usb_get_string_simple], [have_libusb=yes])
if test x$have_libusb = xyes; then
   case $target in
       *-*-darwin*)
               LIBUSB="-lusb -framework CoreFoundation -framework IOKit"
               ;;
       *)
               LIBUSB="-lusb"
               ;;
   esac
   AC_DEFINE([HAVE_LIBUSB])
fi
AC_SUBST(LIBUSB, $LIBUSB)

(There are also snippets to detect libusb 1.0, if anyone is
interested.)