libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FYI: libusb-win32 1.2.2.0 released

From: Xiaofan Chen <xiaofanc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 17:33:26 +0800
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Uwe Bonnes
<bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> as I described in my mail from 3 Oct 2010, I tried libusb-win 1.2.2.0 and
> the filter driver  and had no success so long.
>
> Your mail above sounds like this should succeed. Are there different
> libusb-win 1.2.2.0 versions out there? Anything I forgot?
>
> To remind: After installing the filter driver for my devices, TestLIBUSB
> listed the devices, but e.g. your libftdi eeprom-new git branch MinGW 32bit
> snapshots couldn't access the devices.

As I mentioned before, libftdi-1.0 depends on libusb-1.0 which
currently does not support libusb-win32 device driver.
So you have to use WinUSB driver for your eeprom-new
branch which is based on libftdi-1.0. If you back port it
to libftdi branch, then it should work.

The libusb-win32 device driver is now more meant for
libftdi-0.18 or earlier. But hopefully the integration of
libusb-win32 kernel driver libusb0.sys to libusb-1.0
Windows backend will be finished within this year,
in that case, you can use libftdi-1.0 with libusb-win32
device driver or filter driver.

--
Xiaofan