libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: FYI: libusb-win32 1.2.2.0 released

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:01:12 +0200

    Xiaofan> The following is for your information.  The good thing about
    Xiaofan> this latest release is that it has the new device filter wizard
    Xiaofan> GUI. Using this GUI, you can install libusb-win32 filter to a
    Xiaofan> specific USB device (actually a specific interface of a
    Xiaofan> specific USB device).

    Xiaofan> For example, you can attach the libusb-win32 device filter to
    Xiaofan> your FT232x/245x based device or the Interface A of your
    Xiaofan> FT2232x based device. The existing FTDI driver is
    Xiaofan> intact. Therefore you can use either libftd2xx (using FTDI
    Xiaofan> driver) or libftdi (using libusb-win32 driver) with your device
    Xiaofan> without switching driver.

    Xiaofan> The device filter mode is safer than the previous release
    Xiaofan> (class filter to all possible USB device) since it will not
    Xiaofan> attach to those device you do not want to disturb (like your
    Xiaofan> USB HID keyboard, Mouse and USB mass storage device).

Dear Xiaofan,

as I described in my mail from 3 Oct 2010, I tried libusb-win 1.2.2.0 and
the filter driver  and had no success so long.

Your mail above sounds like this should succeed. Are there different
libusb-win 1.2.2.0 versions out there? Anything I forgot?

To remind: After installing the filter driver for my devices, TestLIBUSB
listed the devices, but e.g. your libftdi eeprom-new git branch MinGW 32bit
snapshots couldn't access the devices.

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx