libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Hi, I've got a hardware/driver issue and I don't even know where to start (libftdi related, I promise).

From: Uwe Bonnes <bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:31:24 +0200

    John> I'm using a Semtech SX1211 radio chip, we use them in several of
    John> our products.
    John> http://www.semtech.com/wireless-rf/rf-transceivers/sx1211/

    John> Semtech offers a development kit for this radio, that consists of
    John> two USB devices. As it turns out, these USB devices would be ideal
    John> for another application... but there are no linux drivers.

    John> The entire device consists of little more than the SX1211
    John> transceiver, and a FTDI 2232D USB<->serial chip.  From what I
    John> gather, it's using the SPI (MPSSE) mode of the FTDI chip. Assuming
    John> I know how to configure and use the radio chip itself, is libftdi
    John> capable of talking to this chip?

    John> Are there any examples that would be a good place to start?
    John> Documentation seems sparse, and code examples aren't much more
    John> common.

What is your problem? Opening the FTDI chip, switching to MPSSE mode,
setting the SPI parameters, sending SPI transfers, or what to transfer?

Tell what you did, what you expect and what goes wrong and perhaps what you
already googled about your problems.
--
Uwe Bonnes                bon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx