libftdi Archives

Subject: Hi, I've got a hardware/driver issue and I don't even know where to start (libftdi related, I promise).

From: John Oyler <john.oyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:42:34 -0500
I'm using a Semtech SX1211 radio chip, we use them in several of our products.

http://www.semtech.com/wireless-rf/rf-transceivers/sx1211/

Semtech offers a development kit for this radio, that consists of two USB
devices. As it turns out, these USB devices would be ideal for another
application... but there are no linux drivers.

The entire device consists of little more than the SX1211 transceiver, and a
FTDI 2232D USB<->serial chip.  From what I gather, it's using the SPI (MPSSE)
mode of the FTDI chip. Assuming I know how to configure and use the radio chip
itself, is libftdi capable of talking to this chip?

Are there any examples that would be a good place to start? Documentation seems
sparse, and code examples aren't much more common.

Thanks,
John O.

PS If anyone is capable and willing to do some contract work, we'd be
interested...