libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: Hi, I've got a hardware/driver issue and I don't even know where to start (libftdi related, I promise).

From: John Oyler <john.oyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 14:40:03 -0500
Hi, it's been a little while since I've had a chance to tinker with this.

I've only been tweaking the example programs... I've switched the product id to
match my device (6001 to 6010), and things work as examples should... but I
can't say I can make much sense. I've since read over the docs, as best I can
follow them, and I don't even know where to begin. Are there any plain C
examples that show mpsse mode? I've checked over xc3sprog, but it's even more
difficult for me to understand what's going on with it. It seems to make use of
a mpsse_add_cmd() function that I can't even find in the documentation.

C's not really my strong suit, and I don't know where to start. If anyone has a
better example of ftdi to spi, It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
John O.