libftdi Archives

Subject: Re: MPSSE examples?

From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006@xxxxxxx>
To: libftdi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 16:40:12 +0200
On 30.08.2009 12:42, Harald Kubota wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
>> release, but available form subversion) which uses libftdi to reflash
>> SPI flash ROMs. You can find it at http://www.flashrom.org/
>>
> Thanks, that one looks very nice and I'll have a good look at it. It's
> not I2C, what I need, but it's close enough and SPI is not bad either.

Please note that we're having issues on FT4232H with SPI: Only interface
B works. Besides that, every once in a while flashing fails (more often
at slower(!) speeds). The failure mode is not understood because there
are even slower flashers (parport-based) which work well. Since the same
highlevel code works reliably with other flashers, we suspect either
libftdi+libusb+kernel or the flasher hardware itself to be the culprit.
I'll probably add a bitbanging driver to flashrom and check if the same
problems exists with bitbanging SPI on said hardware.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel